October 30

Declaration of Independence Breakup Letter, by Students of 5B

Hey, I am sorry I have to tell you this but I don’t think we can stand as one anymore. I have a right to be whatever I want because you’re not the boss of me. You’re not God and we are all human. I think our relationship is so bad that it just won’t work anymore. Therefore, we need to break up.

I have thought about this a lot and there is nothing you can do to change my mind because I know that you won’t change. I have asked you many times and nothing worked. Unless we break up, we will continue on the same bad path. We are just not good together. And, you are so abusive that I have to break up with you because you act like a jerk. I don’t feel safe with you.

I have suffered for so long with your selfishness, I can’t take it anymore. Let me set you straight with some obvious reasons.

1. You try to intimidate me by having your friends follow and threaten me everywhere I go.
  2. You don’t give me any breathing room! I can’t even talk to my friends alone without you!
  3. You make me pay for things I shouldn’t even pay for! It’s either your way or the highway. I have no say in anything.

I have asked you nicely so many times and you just won’t listen. We are both human! Sometimes I wonder if you even have a heart…and if you do, I haven’t seen you use it with me.

That’s why from this moment on, we are over. The only person in charge of me anymore is me.

See ya.

Posted October 30, 2015 by heidihutch in category American Revolution, Ms. Hutchison's Students

1 thoughts on “Declaration of Independence Breakup Letter, by Students of 5B

1. Sophie

I loved when we did this! It is so funny and it will always make me happy reading it or thinking about it even on an overwhelming day.

Reply